The health and safety of those who seek our services, our communities, and personnel is our top priority. Hill Country is monitoring the latest information on the Covid – 19 Virus daily, including attending statewide teleconferences conducted by the Department of State Health Services Monday through Friday at 4 p.m. We are following CDC-recommended protocols at all of our sites and promoting CDC-recommended healthy habits for persons who seek or receive our services and with our personnel to reduce the potential for contracting the Covid – 19 or other viruses.
Link for CDC COVID -19 “How to Protect Yourself” information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
WHAT IS HILL COUNTRY MENTAL HEALTH AND DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY CENTERS DOING TO PROTECT THE HEALTH OF PERSONS WHO SEEK AND RECEIVE SERVICES AND THE STAFF WHO SERVE THEM?
• We are temporarily closing our day services for persons with IDD diagnoses to limit the potential for community spread of the virus
• We are temporarily closing our mental health clinics for routine services (counseling, group services, walk-in intake assessments)
• We are focusing efforts to deliver services and supports via video and/or audio technology
• We are maintaining essential crisis response services, but utilizing video technology when possible.
• We are screening all persons coming to our clinics for symptoms of illness or to determine if they have traveled to a foreign country prior to their entry
• We are conducting advance telephone screenings of persons prior to visiting them in their home or the community
• We are making arrangements to provide medications to people without their having to come to a clinic
• We are immediately requiring any staff member who demonstrates symptoms such as fever, respiratory distress, dry coughing, etc. to self-quarantine and not report to their worksite
• We are immediately requiring any staff member who has just returned from travel to a foreign country to self-quarantine
• We are requiring all non-essential staff to work remotely, when possible
• We are adjusting our protocols as often as need to comply with the latest recommendations from the CDC